Recording your system messages is easy! Just follow the instructions and helpful tips below to record all of your messages quickly and easily over any touch-tone telephone. An example of each type of message and its use is provided on the following pages.
Note: If you prefer, you may have our voice talent do your recordings for you at a nominal fee. Please see Pricing for current rates. To get a quote to have your scripts recorded by our Voice Talent, pease fax your completed typed scripts to 253-858-0812 or e-mail them to
Instructions for recording your WorkEasy messages:
- Dial your toll free number and interrupt the first message you hear by pressing
the star key ( * ).
- Enter your 3 digit extension or department number followed by your 4 digit password and then the pound key ( # ). For example: 600 1234 #.
- Select option 4 from the Admin. Menu and follow the prompts to record each desired message. Refer to the User Guide for a visual diagram of the Admin. Menu.
- The maximum recording length for each message is 10 minutes.
- Only extension 600 (the extension that comes with basic service) can record "system messages" which include your main greeting(s), and voice menu(s). All other extensions and departments are limited to recording their mailbox greeting(s) and User Name.
- Record a "User Name" for each of your extensions and departments (including extension 600). WorkEasy speaks the User Name to you when identifying whom a call is for, or whom a voice mail message is forwarded to you by. If you don't record a User Name, WorkEasy will speak the extension's or department's three digit extension number instead.
- If you are offering your callers a menu of options be sure to record a separate voice menu message. Do not include your voice menu options as part of your initial greeting. WorkEasy handles accounts that utilize a voice menu differently and the call flow works best if a separate voice menu message is recorded.
- If you are utilizing a Sub Menu one of your main menu options should point to the Sub Menu. For example, if you want to offer multiple fax documents you could say: "...to receive information via fax press 2...". Option 2 would then point to a Sub Menu, which could in turn offer your caller a choice of up 9 different fax documents.
- Unlike a Direct to Mailbox, an InfoBox plays the entire message and then returns the caller to the main menu so they can make another selection.
As always, if you have any questions about how to record any of your messages please call customers service at 1-800-967-5327.